Wednesday 20 July 2011

Crystal Beasts Cont'd

Ok so yesterday I discussed the Crystal Beast monsters, but not the spells or traps so that is what I will be doing now.  To begin them is the Field Spell, Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins.  This is a great card because firstly, it doesn't take up a S/T card zone that you would want, and secondly it can give you great advantage once you have three or four Crystal Beasts.  The extra draw power at 4 Crystal Beasts is great and the S/T negation at three is also great.  Also, if you hit 5 of them in you S/T zone you can  SS it and free up a zone.  This card is great in any deck that focuses highly on Crystal Beasts.

Next there is Crystal Abundance, the card that forms the basis of a Crystal Beast deck type.  Although it's activation seems difficult, having most of your S/T card zone filled with Crystal Beasts, the effect is worth it.  You opponent only needs 5 cards on their Field to swarm like crazy with this card and OTK.  Also, since it sends card to the grave, it actually get's passed Stardust.  This card is simply fantastic in a build made around it.

Crystal Beacon is another good swarm card.  All you need is two Crystal Beasts in your S/T card zone and you can pull another Crystal Beast from your deck.  If you pick Sapphire Pegasus this card actually generates a +1 for you as you then get to search out another Crystal Beast.  I personally love this card in Crystal Beasts.  A card that helps with this is Crystal Blessing.  It also generates a +1, putting Crystal Beasts from your grave in your S/T card zone.  It just sets you up great for any number of plays, including Crystal Beacon.

The first trap card I will discuss is Crystal Counter, but before I say anything about it, I will say that most Crystal Beast decks should run a very low trap count so you should only use this if you really like it.  Now, as for the card itself, it does not seem very useful because it will always act as a -1 and you need to get rid of your S/Ts to do so.  I do not recommend it.  Sticking with the theme of traps, the next card is Crystal Pair.  This card does look pretty good, searching out another Crystal Beast and negating all battle damage for the turn.  While this is good, once again there are better traps out there.  I would probably only run this if your trying to go for like Rainbow Dragon, but even then I iphy. Continuing traps, there is Crystal Raigeki.  This card really isn't that good.  It's a -1 outclassed by Raigeki Break so just don't run it.

Crystal Promise is a -1 that I would consider running.  It SS one of your Crystal Beasts from your S/T card zone.  For this card, I would use it on either Ruby Carbuncle if you wanted to run it, but more likely I would use this on Sapphire Pegasus, turning this into a +0 and getting more Crystal Beasts into play.  I like this card even though I think most people don't.

Next there is Crystal Release.  This card gives any Crystal Beast a huge power boost of 800 ATK and when it is sent to the graveyard, it searches out a Crystal Beast.  While that does make this card a +0, it's better to run Horn of the Phantom Beast because that gives you extra draw power and can surprise your opponent.  This is another one of those cards I wouldn't run.

Crystal Tree is a great searcher for the deck, and can easily generate +s, but it seems a tad slow unless it is used right away.  This is good for Abundance if you combine it with Blessing.  Other then that I can't really think of much to say.  Personally I wouldn't run it.  I will not discuss Last Resort because it's a crappy Terraforming.  Similarly I won't bother talking about Rainbow Gravity or Rainbow Path because Rainbow Dragon is retarded.

This leaves me with only Rare Value left to discuss.  This card is by far the best draw power this deck has.  It acts as a +0, but it gives you hand advantage at the price of a Crystal Beast that for all I know could be clogging.  This card is a definite yes in just about every Crystal Beast deck I can think of right now.

Thanks for reading and be sure to check back for a deck profile of one Crystal Beast deck.  I'll try to post about a few of them but some of them a won't be today.  Be sure to enter your E-Mail on the side!  Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment